CycleKyoto HP LInk

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Poring Over the Racing Forms Kyoto Keirin

Kyoto Keirin punters京都競輪を賭する男二人

Two men seated in front of the grandstand at the recent Kyoto Keirin races are well into their racing forms.

With roughly five minutes to go for bets to be placed - the time remaining is posted on the scoreboard, and announcements are made at brief intervals as the clock ticks down - the men are deep in thought.

We met the man on the left, who shared a few insights with us - and his losses.

"I come to all of the races in Kyoto, have been doing so for years. I study the racers online," he said.

"My 'system' is to bring one 10,000 yen note [roughly $100 USD]. That's my limit for a day."

And how did he fare?

"I usually walk away with the original amount plus enough to go out for dinner and few beers."

Today?

"Akan! No good at all. I'm down to my last thousand with two races left. The racers are not cooperating at all!"

© CycleKyoto.com

CycleKyoto Home Page

Tags





No comments: