CycleKyoto HP LInk

Monday, November 11, 2013

Japanese Service Kyoto Bike Shop

京都自転車屋おもてなし

The experience was not uncommon, and in Japanese is called "omotenashi."

I went to Koseki, an upscale bike shop near Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.

The weather has turned cold and I was looking at leggings.

They were mostly priced in the 10,000 yen ($100) range, which was too much.

While peering around, a very pregnant clerk I knew came over to talk to me. She brought with her a cup of green tea for me.

She asked what I was looking for, I told her "less expensive leggings."

She said that they would be arriving in a week.

Then she asked if I was going to Cycle Mode, the major bike show in Japan. I was indeed.

Thereupon, two tickets were produced.

I bought nothing, thanked her, left with warm tea in my belly and two tickets in my hand.

"Thanks for coming, look forward to your next visit."

This is service, Japanese style.


Information

Koseki Cycle

Just before you get to the geisha area Kamishichiken, not far from Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.

 075 463 3428

Closed Mondays

© CycleKyoto.com

CycleKyoto Home Page

Tags

No comments: